Betty George, Founder and Principal of The Advanced School of Clinical Hypnotherapy
“Betty George is an inspirational tutor and a motivational force.”
Study and Qualifications
Following three decades of corporate marketing at director level within the media sector, Betty George took up the study of applied psychology – Counselling and Clinical Hypnotherapy.
Betty’s training and vast experience have enabled her to achieve great success as a therapist, trainer and coach.
She is a highly skilled and experienced trainer. This in combination with her accelerated learning techniques creates an engaging, relaxed and lively learning environment.
Her career portfolio has been devoted to developing the potential of others. At the same time, she very much enjoys her own CPD.
Betty graduated from the South African School of Applied Psychology (SACAP) in Psychological Counselling and Communication.
She continued with SACAP and later qualified as an executive coach.
During the seven years she attended SACAP, she gained post-grad certificates in a number of specialist modules, including anxiety and stress, drug and substance abuse, and family and relationships.
Betty went on to train as a Master Clinical Hypnotherapist at The South African Institute of Hypnotherapy.
This was followed by studying NLP with David Shephard’s brilliant organisation The Positive Change Partnership, where she graduated as an NLP Practitioner. This qualification is accredited by the ABNLP, American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Skills and Achievements
• Experience as a trainer encompassing corporate sales training, facilitating executive leadership and development programmes within the advertising, marketing and promotion sector.
• NLP Persuasion Skills and Language for effective change – business negotiation – organisational development – teaching & training – personal development – sports performance.
• Portfolio of successful corporate business turnaround projects.
• Private practice both in the UK and South Africa, working with medical practitioners, psych teams, and GP wellness centres. Lately with: The University of Kent and Barton Court Grammar School, equestrian groups and Canterbury Rugby Club.
• Founder and principal trainer for The Advanced School of Clinical Hypnotherapy (ASCH). At the same time founder and lead therapist and trainer for BG&A (Betty George & Associates). She also runs a busy practice in Whitstable.
• Overcoming performance anxiety and stress are her specialities particularly exam stress within education; performance anxiety within sports, performing arts and the corporate sector.
Sporting Experience and Achievement
Betty George (BHSIT) is a qualified British Horse Society instructor. She trained at the internationally renowned Talland School of Equitation under international dressage champion Molly Sivewright and the international event rider and later international dressage champion, Pammy Hutton.
Betty has many years experience in coaching both horses and riders. She has launched and run her own successful equestrian centre and trained numbers of career students to qualify with the BHS, as well as coaching professional riders, and producing her own affiliated event horses.
The personal stuff
Betty’s great love is her miniature dachshund Lily. She has been passionate about dogs since before she could walk. Betty loves being outside in all weathers surrounded by nature, dogs and horses.
At the same time, she greatly enjoys the training room, and working with people who have a common interest and a desire to achieve their recognised goals.
Betty is a master at facilitating accelerated learning. She is continuously excited, and amazed at the rapid and seemingly miraculous change that hypnotherapy and NLP can bring about in individuals and groups of people.
• Counsellor and Communication Skills Dip Couns (SACAP)
• Master Hypnotherapist (SAIH)
• Senior Clinical Hypnotherapist SQHP
• NCH Dip Hyp
• Certified Parts Therapy CPT
• The British Horse Society BHSIT
• NLP Practitioner (The Change Partnership)
• Supervision (GHR Acknowledged)
Post Grad Certificates
• Family & Relationship Counselling (SACAP)
• Sex in Relationship (SACAP)
• Sex Addiction (SACAP)
• Conflict Management and Resolution (SACAP)
• Group Facilitation and Deep Process (SACAP)
• Executive Coaching (SACAP)
• Drugs & Substance Abuse (SACAP)
• Stress & Anxiety (SACAP)
• International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
• British Association Counsellors Psychotherapists reg (BACP)
• General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC)
• British Horse Society – (BHS)
• Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)